Facebook Twitter google+ Youtube Numanme Forum Numanme TV Numanme on Instagram Podcast 

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Numanme Forum: Guest

Gay Numan Fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BassPlayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassPlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gay Numan Fans
    Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 12:08pm
Hi all,
I am new to this forum. This is my second attempt to say 'hello'. My first didn't get any response...about me going to see Gary Live in NYC in May. I've been listening to Numan for many years and 'Splinter' finally made me join in here. Always wondered whether he had any gay following. Interesting subject because as a gay man I have always preferred what I consider to be 'straight' acts, eg. Duran, Numan etc. rather than 'gay' acts, eg. Queen, Pet Shop Boys etc. So I'm just curious.
numanme View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote numanme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 5:17pm
Hi
Evil Alter Ego View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Alter Ego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 6:00pm
Sorry I missed your first hello

I'm sure Numan had a "gay" following and maybe still does but TBH I don't really look at it that way. Back in the mid 80's we had a genre called Hi Energy that was known as having a huge gay following but I loved the music. It was electronic and up tempo so what more is there??
synthman. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote synthman. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 7:24pm
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Who's to know who's gay on this forum.
It matters not a jot to me about yours or anyone's sexuilty.
WHEN THE MACHINES ROCK.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassPlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 8:02pm
Thanks for welcoming me. Sure in this day and age it's no big deal. This being said, whenever I have been wearing my Numan T shirt at work, some people have commented on Gary 'having a lads thing going', referring to his rather loyal male 'straight' following. Hence I brought this up. Apart them from that I have never met another gay GN fan (am the only one in the village?)

Edited by BassPlayer - 02 Feb 2016 at 8:06pm
Snap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 11:09pm
What's gay got to go with anything? Who cares? Genuinely it doesn't even register.
Johnny Vegas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Vegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 4:55pm
Wasnt thete a newspaper interview many years ago in the 'classic' era when Numan was quoted as saying he wished he was bi so he could have the best of both worlds ?
Champions Again 2014 ! St.Helens THE Most Succesful Team In The Super League Era !!

Gary Numan Best Before End 12/1982.
Futureself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futureself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 1:47pm
Any gay Numan fans in the UK? Don't want to be separatist but nice to chat or meet up with like minds.
Futureself

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BassPlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 10:53pm
Please get in touch.
AndyK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 3:49pm
Greetings, BassPlayer! Apologies for missing your introductory post. Hope you are enjoying it here in the forum. I am pretty new as well and am enjoying the sharings, opinions, and most of all the humor, of the members.

I am a straight man who counts himself fortunate to have many gay friends, colleagues, and acquaintances. However, I really don't know much about the demographics of Numan's fan base regarding sexual preference. As we all know, Gary's songs have contained references to both straight and gay relationships/encounters. (Jo the Waiter is one of my favorite songs.) So I could definitely see him appealing to gay as well as straight if that specific subject is what resonated with them. If you don't mind my asking, what has your reaction been overall? Do you find gay references in songs supportive, inclusive, or does it not really matter? Personally, I just enjoy the stories told in the songs as they are.

You are from the UK but came all the way over to NYC for a gig? Wow! I currently live in NY myself, and recently attended Gary's classic album (Replicas) show in Toronto. I was very pleasantly surprised to meet a handful of fans who had travelled over from England and Scotland. Did you enjoy the trip? (I am sure you enjoyed the show.)

Great to "meet" you and I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Andy
Long gone, I recall good times
I must confess, I cried
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic