Facebook Twitter google+ Youtube Numanme Forum Numanme TV Numanme on Instagram Podcast 

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Numanme Forum: Guest

Gary appeared on the ITV This Morning program

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Mataku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mataku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Snap Snap wrote:

Agree on that AL. I would think he'd be more likely to take tracks that could fit more with his latter sound. Things like The Hunter, God Only Knows, The Sleeproom, Crash, You ARe You are

he could probably get 20 songs together that would work.

Underneath all the funk, sax and sh*te, there are some good songs hidden away from some of his 80s albums. Hell of a lot of crap though. Can't say I listen to any of it.

THing is, that period of his career has zero relevance today and is only known by hardcore fans. None of it has been sampled or covered and none of it made a significant dent in the charts (after 82) when the charts actually mattered. No press, no known artists/bands, no-one talks about it. At tour of that era would have limited appeal, and if done wrong could go reet tits up. Like the godawful MM tour.

ALl IMO of course.

I agree, and I still believe in those middle years tracks, there are some great tunes at their basis...once all the stuff of the day like backing vocals and sax are removed. I know he himself cringes about it- and has said so often- But if he could allow something like a 'Hybrid 2' to be produced with those tracks, the results would surprise him as there are many of those tracks that would scrub up, slot in, and fit into setlists.
But as he hates them so much, it's unlikely and nothing short of a miracle will let them see the light of day. A shame IMO   
Snap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 7:56am
I can't fault numan for repeatedly touring his back catalogue: it's the best but. What is stupid and disingenuous is how he continually denies it. He should stop being such a pillock, he's only fooling himself
Alan 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:44am
[QUOTE=THX1138] Once in a blue moon"

Telekon Tour 2006
Replicas Tour 2008
Pleasure Principle Tour 2009
Pleasure Principle Tour 2010 (US)
Pleasure Principle Tour 2011 (AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND)
Machine Music Tour (2012)
Classic Albums Tour (UK 2015)
Classic Albums Tour (US 2015)
Classic Albums Tour (UK 2016)
😂😂

Edited by Alan 74 - 16 Sep 2016 at 8:45am
I dont listen to anybody. Except the voices in my head
Alan 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Snap Snap wrote:

I can't fault numan for repeatedly touring his back catalogue: it's the best but. What is stupid and disingenuous is how he continually denies it. He should stop being such a pillock, he's only fooling himself

Hes not fooling himself. Hes just making himself look like a berk saying he doesnt like doing it and doesnt do it very often. When since the first telekon tour 10 years ago he has done nothing but retro with the dead sun rising and splinter albums and tours mixed in too.
More retro than new album tours thats for sure.
Snap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 10:03am
yep.

Thing is why not just tell the truth? His first few albums were ace, and loads of people still like hearing them live. He should accept it and get on with it. More to the point GN, its what makes the cash.
Alan 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 10:14am
I think he does accept it. Its the bit where he always says " im more interested in tomorrow than what i did yesterday" or the bit where he says he doesnt do retro very often. Thats what gets me. Does he not realise that thousands of people must be sat there listening and thinking " er what !!!!!!!!! " dont do it very often !!!!!!! Are you suffering with memory loss or something !!!!!!!
Its crackers mate.

Edited by Alan 74 - 16 Sep 2016 at 10:17am
THX1138 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THX1138 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 11:55pm
And now has announced that one of the two extra London shows that were originally advertised by himself as different set list with focus on Splinter, is going to be classic album tour date! Why, cos there are still tickets left! So shallow, couldn't make it up! Lol... luckily the only show im going to is the bush hall gig, lets hope it don't get changed to retro!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic